A classic shortbread recipe that makes tasty biscuits with just three ingredients!
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 57
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 6g
Saturated Fat 4g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrates 12g
Dietary Fiber 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 125g butter
- 55g caster sugar, plus extra to finish
- 180g plain flour
- In a bowl, beat the sugar and butter together until the mixture is light and fluffy. Then stir in the flour.
- Once you have a smooth paste, place it in the fridge to chill for 10 minutes.
- Roll the mixture out on a work surface and use a cutter to cut shapes into your dough. Place the shortbread onto a greased baking tray.
- Put the biscuits in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes until the biscuits are golden brown.
- Place the shortbread on a cooling rack and sprinkle the biscuits with some caster sugar.
The Local Kitchen http://localkitchen.tv/