HONEY, BRAMLEY APPLE AND ALMOND CAKE
Honey, Bramley Apple and Almond Cake
A light, fruity, sweet cake that's bursting with local produce.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 258
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 30g
Saturated Fat 16g
Trans Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 9g
Total Carbohydrates 79g
Dietary Fiber 3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 350g self raising flour
- 225g caster sugar
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 225g butter, melted
- 450g Bramley apples, peeled and cored
- 50g flaked almonds
- Cream or crème fraiche to serve
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/140° Fan/Gas Mark 3.
- Measure the flour, sugar, honey, eggs, almond extract and melted butter into a mixing bowl. Beat with a wooden spoon or electric mixer until combined and smooth.
- Spread half this mixture over the base of the spring form tin. Thickly slice the apples and lay on top of the mixture. Spoon the remaining mixture on top of the apples so they are completely covered in an even layer. Sprinkle over the flaked almonds.
- Bake in the centre of the preheated oven for about one hour or until golden brown and the sponge is cooked.
- Serve warm, with cream and a drizzle of honey.
The Local Kitchen http://localkitchen.tv/