POTATOES WITH SMOKY BACON LARDONS
Potatoes with Smoky Bacon Lardons
A deliciously rich, smoky sauce to accompany fresh, local potatoes.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 329
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 37g
Saturated Fat 15g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 16g
Total Carbohydrates 36g
Dietary Fiber 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 200g smoked lardons
- 12 small shallots
- 50g butter
- 30g flour
- 750ml beef stock
- 1kg small potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- Chopped parsley
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Fry the lardons and shallots in the butter.
- Remove from the pan and stir the flour into the butter. Cook the mixture until slightly brown and add the stock.
- Season and add the potatoes and thyme.
- Cover and simmer gently until the potatoes are soft.
- Serve sprinkled with chopped parsley.
The Local Kitchen http://localkitchen.tv/