TRADITIONAL CHRISTMAS TURKEY
Traditional Christmas Turkey
A simple recipe for roasting a classic Christmas turkey.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 342
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 38g
Saturated Fat 10g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 11g
Monounsaturated Fat 12g
Total Carbohydrates 0g
Dietary Fiber 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 5kg free-range Turkey
- 4 tbsp rapeseed oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 230ºC/Gas Mark 8
- Remove the giblets from the turkey and then rinse the bird inside and out; make sure you dry it well.
- Next, place the turkey in a large roasting pan and brush a generous amount of rapeseed oil over the bird. Season with sea salt and black pepper, and then cover with foil.
- Place the prepared turkey in the pre-heated oven and cook at this temperature for the first 30 minutes. After this, lower the oven temperature to 180ºC/Gas Mark 4 and cook for approximately 30 minutes per kilo, basting every hour.
- About 35 minutes before the end of cooking, remove the foil and drain off the excess fat before cooking for a further 35 minutes, or until the bird is golden brown.
- Transfer the turkey to a platter and cover loosely with foil and leave to rest for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Serve the turkey carved with all the trimmings.
The Local Kitchen http://localkitchen.tv/
Woodlands Organic Farm