YORKSHIRE HONEY GLAZED PORK
Yorkshire Honey Glazed Pork
This succulent pork dish has a fantastic flavour, and is the perfect recipe for any time of year.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 506
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 59g
Saturated Fat 11g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 10g
Monounsaturated Fat 35g
Total Carbohydrates 192g
Dietary Fiber 31g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 x pork tenderloin
- 200g spelt
- 1 x celeriac
- 60g hazelnuts
- Yorkshire wolds honey
- Baby carrots
- Cook the spelt in salted water until tender, drain and cool.
- Peel and roughly chop the celeriac, and cook slowly in milk with pinch of salt until completely soft. Drain, but save the milk, and add to a blender with 75g cold butter and purée, adding the reserved milk as required to give you a nice loose glossy purée. Season with salt to taste.
- Season the pork fillet (tenderloin) and cook in a red hot pan, turning occasionally.
- Half way through cooking, add the hazelnuts to the pan to roast in the pork juices. When all is cooked, add the honey to glaze, then rest the meat off the heat to relax.
- Blanch the baby carrots in hot water and reserve.
- Put your spelt in a wide bottomed pan and add enough purée until you have a loose risotto like texture. Re heat slowly, add more purée if necessary and adjust the seasoning. Add chopped sage and spoon in to a warm bowl.
- Carve the pork and rest on top of the risotto, garnish with hazelnuts and baby carrots.
The Local Kitchen http://localkitchen.tv/